Winter weather is not good for skin as it makes skin dry and rough. If we do not care our skin in winter it will get dry and moisture of the skin will get remove and cracks will show on the skin due to loss of humidity. We can overcome these problems in winter by taking proper care at home. We can take home remedies to resolve this problem. Following are some tricks by using them you can prevent your skin to get dry and cracked or harsh.
Lukewarm Water: - We must avoid washing our hands, mouth etc with cold water in winters. We must use lukewarm water to wash our hands, mouth etc. because while washing with lukewarm water many oils get washed away.
Moisturize After Washing or Bathing:- Whenever we take bath or wash hour body parts with lukewarm water then we must use moisture just after it because when we take bath or wash our hands or other body parts our skin got damp and to maintain that dampness in the skin we must use moisture after having wash or bath using lukewarm water.
Oil Based Moisture:- While using moisture we must take care of that it should be oil based moisturizer not the water based moisturizer. Oil based moisture remains damp for long time and make our skin smooth, damp and humid. On the other hand effect of water based moisture remains for limited time.
Skin Protection:- we must wear gloves and scarves to protect our skin from cold winds, rain or from direct exposure to sun. We must use sunscreen lotion when we go outside or when we are in direct exposure to sun or to cold wind.
Moisturize Overnight:- Some parts of our body lose moisture faster than other parts of the body. Hands, feet, elbows and knees are some body parts which lose moisture faster than other parts of the body. To prevent these parts to get drier we must use moisture for more time. To do this we must use moisturizer before going to bed so that moisture of moisture remains for long time on these body parts and skin will remain moist.
Maintain Hydration:- Our diet also pays important role in maintaining amount of water in our skin. We must take those fruits or vegetables which are good source of vitamin C and zinc mineral. Water melon, apples, oranges, watery veggies, tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, carrots and cantaloupe are some important foods which maintains dampness of our skin. So we must take these ingredients in our daily life to get humid skin.
Homemade Pastes or Packs:- We can made some paste at home to provide required moisture in the winter season. We can create pastes at home using natural ingredients like honey, avocado, yogurt, olive oil, almond oil, bananas. Applying paste using these ingredients for 20 to 30 minutes will maintain moisture of the skin and remove cracked skin and also maintain humidity of the skin. Following are some paste we can create at home.
1. Rose and Honey:- Mingle one tea spoon of honey in one tea spoon of rose water and mix them properly. Now apply this face pack on the face for 20 to 30 minutes and then wash away. To get better results we can use this pack before going to bed.
2. Aloe Vera Gel: Aloe Vera normally is very good for skin. Use aloe Vera gel for 30 minutes on the face. This pack will help your skin to get glow and smooth
3. Glycerin:- Glycerin is one of the very good product we can use to make our skin moist. Create a mixture by mixing one tea spoon of each glycerin, lemon juice and rose water. Mix these ingredients properly and apply this on the face as well as on the hands and leave this for 15 minutes and then wash with water. This is very good mixture to make skin smooth, moist and glowing.
4. Oil:- Coconut oil is very good to maintain moisture of the skin. Massage using coconut oil on the whole body for 5 minutes before taking bath. After taking bath you will feel smoothness of the skin and humidity of the skin.
5. Butter Milk:- Butter milk is very good source of moisture for the skin. As butter milk contains bowls of butter so apply this or massage using this on mouth, hands or arms for 1 to minutes and then leave it. This will maintain moisture of the skin and make our skin glowing, smooth.
6. Ripe Papaya:-Ripe papaya and banana is also very good to make skin smooth and glowing. Mess the ripe banana and papaya together and then use it on the dry skin. This will make skin glowing and humid.
7. Orange Peel:- Dry the orange peel and create powder by grinding dried peel of orange. Now make a mixture by mixing one tea spoon of each orange peel powder and honey. Now apply this mixture on the dry and skin and leave it for 15 minutes and then wash away. This treatment will provide you glowing skin and maintains the moisture of the skin